Adebola Sadiku - Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) /
Litty Thomas, Practice Nurse
Our ANP provides comprehensive nursing care and support to our Patients. As part of the Clinical team, Nurses and Doctors work closely together.
ANP Clinical Nursing Practice
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver safe and high quality care.
- Carries out Clinical Nursing Practice at an Advanced level using Expert Clinical Skills, Critical Judgements & Knowledge to deliver appropriate and safe care.
- Delivery of Care in line with NSF, NICE guidelines and evidence-based Care.
- Triage and treat Patients, performing specialist assessment of their needs and make referrals as necessary to other members of the Primary and Secondary Health Care teams as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the planning and delivery of care ensuring patients and carers/relatives are involved.
- Prescribing and reviewing medication that is appropriate to Patient needs and in accordance with Latest evidence-based practice, National and Practice Protocols and within the scope of qualified practice.
- Diagnose and manage acute and chronic conditions, including Drug and Non-Drug based treatment methods into a management plan.
ANP Services also include:
- Health Checks
- New Patient Health Check / Review
- Elderly Health Assessments
- Travel Advice and Immunisations
- Advice regarding Health Screening
- Cervical Smears
- Sexual Health / Chlamydia Checks
- Family Planning Advice
- Morning After Pill
- Long-term Medical Conditions: Education, Reviews, Advice.
- Lifestyle Advice / Health Promotion
- Smoking Advice and Cessation
- Alcohol Advice and Management
- Diet/Weight Advice, Monitoring and Management
- Minor Illness and Injuries
- Urine and Blood Testing